Ashley Zeldin is always interested in opportunities in game development as well as beyond the games industry in STEM innovation and education.
Her communications background readily translates to game production and design. An effective facilitator and creative who performs well on deadline, she has the ability to focus on the details while keeping the bigger picture in mind.
Please find her resume below.
Adorkable Games, video game collaboration with John Nesky
Two-Faced, available now for iOS and Android
- Conceptualized and iterated on game design to optimize accessibility and enjoyment.
- Created all art assets. Devised colorblind configuration praised by Ryan Noble in Indie Game Magazine.
- Designed animated gameplay tutorial using proprietary scripting language.
- Developed overall design and level design.
- Contributed to art assets.
- Composed chiptune gameplay music using BeepBox.
- Featured in the Holiday Game Jam bundle to benefit Child's Play charity.
- Included on John Polson's list of "notable" games on IndieGames.com.
- Designed mechanic around tweet by @petermolydeux.
- Created all art assets, including individual animation frames.
- Composed chiptune gameplay and victory music using prerelease version of Beep Box.
- Featured in the Molyjam arcade at the one-year anniversary of GameDevDrinkUp in Los Angeles.
- @petermolydeux on Molydeuxsa: "I'm not joking, this was one of the most fun games in the Jam yet it hasnt been mentioned. I couldnt stop playing it until I completed it."
International Game Developers Association
- Coordinating events for LA-area game developers, students and hobbyists to share with and learn from each other. Events include a tutorial on integrating backend tools in Unity (November 2015); a panel on creating a diverse games industry (April 2015); a talk on storytelling in Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Child of Light (December 2014); a panel on using social media with representatives from Sony Online Entertainment, Riot Games, and Insomniac Games (September 2014); a panel on the design of The Last of Us (April 2014); a postmortem of DuckTales: Remastered (February 2014).
- Fostering relationships with game developers and game development studios as well as other organizations related to the craft of games in LA and beyond.
- Promoting IGDA LA events and opportunities to 1,200+ members, designing and writing newsletters, helping maintain the IGDA LA presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Led an update of the IGDA LA brand identity, designing a customized logo and icon set.
- Writing trend pieces, profiles and postmortems for the IGDA Perspectives newsletter.
- Directed the IGDA Scholars program at eight conferences on three continents, and led programs at GDC, E3 and IGDA Summit + Casual Connect Seattle on-site.
- Coordinated behind-the-scenes tours of local studios, meet-and-greets with prominent gamedevs and one-on-one mentorship by industry professionals.
- Liaised with conference organizers to expand the IGDA Scholars program, overseeing addition of SXSW, PAX East, Develop Brighton and Tokyo Game Show.
- Facilitated the IGDA presence at industry conferences. Member of planning committees for GDC and IGDA Summit 2012. Assistant volunteer coordinator at the 2011 IGDA Leadership Forum.
- Promoted the IGDA through social media campaigns on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Women in Games International
- Engaging girls in discussion of the elements of game systems.
- Sharing my experience of being a woman in games.
- Supervising creation and playtesting of analog games made with everyday objects.
- Guiding creation and playtesting of digital games made with Gamestar Mechanic.
- Promoting the video game design patch program at Girl Scout and games industry events.
Magic Pixel Games
- Assisted with milestone planning and task prioritizing for collectible card game Outcast Odyssey (Bandai Namco, fall 2014) and combat strategy game This Means War! (TapZen, summer 2014) for mobile devices.
- Refined the art production pipeline to better track assets from design through concept, model and render.
- Solicited contract art work.
- Designed scalable game screens using graphical interface builder, ensuring compatibility with devices of different screen resolutions and aspect ratios.
- Contributed to design of combat systems.
- Conducted extensive QA and bug-tracking with JIRA.
USC Interactive Media and Games Division
- Recruited and managed core development team.
- Created production plan for development milestones.
- Used PlayMaker and NGUI in Unity to script interactions and dialogue.
- Ensured the team met development milestones.
- Coordinated playtesting and collected playtester feedback.
- Represented team, engaged attendees, explained concepts and guided playthroughs at the USC School of Cinematic Arts First Move at First Look Festival and Other Worlds IMD Thesis Exhibition.
Other Independent Development
Blockage, 2012 Global Game Jam, 48-hour game jam
- The Ambassador Award recognizes the woman who has helped advance the gaming industry as a whole, making it a better industry to be part of in unique ways, and also extending beyond the industry as an advocate for gaming.
- The Rising Star award recognizes the woman who has made the most impact in her less than two years in the industry, demonstrating rapid advancement in work, responsibility, and results.
Freelance Journalism and Public Relations
Contributing Writer at Calabasas Patch
Account Coordinator at CRT/tanaka
Media Relations Manager at Amagezi Gemaanyi Youth Association
Media Relations Intern at The Cancer Council New South Wales
Editor/Writer at Pasadena City College Public Relations
Public-Access Production Assistant at Time Warner Cable
Sports Writer and Sports Editor at Daily Trojan
Editorial Intern at Tu Ciudad magazine
Editorial Intern at FOXSports.com
Contributing Writer at The Acorn
computer science and game design
Bachelor of Arts in Print Journalism
Master of Media Practice